Abbey Lakes will be strict regarding the full respect of their rules. Any person who doesn't respect any of the rules at Abbey Lakes will be asked to leave the complex immediately without any refund.
Due to health and safety, the following swims can only be fished using a baitboat. Strictly no casting due to overhead power lines;
Attila: swim N°5
Heron: swim N° 7 + 8
Fox: swim N° 6 + 7 + 14
- Maximum of 3 Rods ONLY, unless you have paid the supplement for a 4th!
- Fishing is only permitted from numbered pegs.
- a) NO flat or beanie style unhooking mats are to be used, only high-sided ones such as the JRC XL, Chub Xtra protection or Fox STR are to be used.
b) ALL anglers must carry and USE disinfectant to treat EVERY fish caught
- NO carp sacks - FLOATING retainer style slings ONLY - Fox STR, Chub Eazi-flow, Venture XL, etc.
- Landing nets must be over 42" in diameter. NO Keep nets to be used at any time.
- a) ALL carp over 60lb are to be witnessed, weighed and photographed by a member of the Abbey Lakes staff regardless of time.
b) ALL carp over 50lb must be photographed over the water and NOT on the bank please.
c) All fish caught are to be weighed and photographed IMMEDIATELY and NOT left in a retention sling until the morning.
- a) ALL Rubbish is to be bagged and tied securely and left in the rubbish hut located between Attila and Heron lake for staff collection!
b) Under NO circumstances are you to dispose of any excess bait in the margins of the lake or in the bushes around your swim!
- NO nut baits at all are to be used.
- NO maggots at all are to be used.
- Anyone found using their surroundings as a toilet will be asked to leave the complex immediately.
- Strictly NO treble or 'Bent' hooks to be used on ANY of the lakes, for ANY species.
- Bait boats are permitted BUT care must be taken to ensure you keep within your swim boundaries. Anyone not adhering to this rule will be barred from using their boat immediately.
- You MUST remove your footwear prior to entering the sanitary block.
- You MUST clean the shower block EVERY time you finish using it. Anybody found flouting these rules shall be asked to either rectify the situation immediately or will be asked to leave the complex.
- Leadcore IS permitted.
- Barbed hooks ONLY! And a minimum of a size 6, a polite suggestion would be to use hooks of size 4 or above
- Minimum 15lb breaking strain mainline, braided mainline is permitted.
- Absolutely NO fixed leads to be used
- Absolutely NO spinning for Predators on the complex, Anyone found to be flouting this rule will be asked to leave the complex.
- The use of a rowing boat is permitted on all lakes for the sole purpose of retrieving weeded up fish ONLY and not placing baits. It is COMPULSORY to wear a life jacket at ALL times when in the boat and this is authorised only with the understanding that it is the unique responsibility of the Angler(s) involved. NEVER wear any style of waders if you are going out on the lake in a boat.
- Metal framed cradles may NOT be used. Only padded mats with padded sides.
- The Magic Twig from OMC (and other companies) is banned on all our lakes at Abbey for fish safety reasons.
Additional fishing rules for anglers on Kingfisher Lake:
- NO treble hooks.
- NO wire traces to be used.
- Catfish are to be returned to the water as soon as possible.
- Abbey Lakes would like to draw your attention to the fact that due to ours being a natural fishery, we cannot be responsible for the weather or how and when the fish choose to feed. The Bailiffs as with all the staff at Abbey will be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have and do all they can to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay during your time here.
- ALL GENERAL RULES STILL APPLY!
- You must not stay longer than 7 days in any one swim
- It is ok to fish at longer range during the Winter (space permitting) but if another Angler should choose to set up in a swim you are affecting, you must reel in immediately.
- A 4th Rod MAY be permitted at the discretion of Abbey staff but you must ask before using one.
- ALL Rubbish is to be disposed of in the bins at the entrance to the Complex, it is not the responsibility of Abbey staff during the Winter period.
- You are NOT permitted to use a rowing boat during this period, if you require one due to a fish being 'weeded up' then you must first call the Bailiff and he will assist you where necessary.
- Please do not park your vehicle in your swim during the Winter season as, a) it ruins the ground and b) you may well get stuck.
- ALL GENERAL RULES STILL APPLY!
- On arrival and before going to the lakes, all anglers must register at the reception desk in the clubhouse.
- We operate a ticket system for customers that arrive at Abbey on Friday before the clubhouse closes at 7PM. Collect your ticket from the clubhouse which will be the order that you arrived on Friday and therefore the order that you will check in on Saturday morning at 8AM. There will only be 1 ticket allocated per angler so all members of your group need to be there to obtain a ticket and then return the ticket at check in next morning. If arriving after 7PM (closing time of the clubhouse) then check in will be done as normal in a queue system after tickets have checked in first.
- A photocopy of your passport or identity card is required upon your arrival at Abbey Lakes.
- The speed limit of all vehicles on the site and around the lakes is 10 Km/H and has to be strictly observed. Anglers seen speeding around the lakes will be asked to leave the complex.
- A magnetic card, per vehicle, will be delivered with a 50€ deposit asked on arrival. The magnetic card must be returned on departure before 10am, if not, the deposit of 50€ will be kept by Abbey Lakes. This must be paid for in cash as refunds to cards are not possible on site.
- Its strictly forbidden to drive around the lakes between 8pm and 8am. In case of emergency, vehicles can leave the complex after 8pm but will remain parked at the clubhouse until 8am.
- Vehicles may be parked along the tracks if they don't destroy or damage the ground / plants and don't obstruct the access.
- Non-members are strictly forbidden on the property of Abbey Lakes. All non members wishing to visit a member on site should make themselves known to the directors of Abbey Lakes who will provide them with a provisional pass on receipt of a form of identification (e.g. passport, driving licence, etc.).
- We inform customers of the presence of two high voltage lines on the Abbey Lakes complex. For the security of our customers, it's strictly forbidden to touch these high voltage lines by casting your rods or by any other method. The choice of our swim locations as well as the electricity warning signs around the lakes, have been chosen taking this into account.
- No open fires under any circumstance. Barbecues are authorized, but only with appropriate equipment which must be raised off the floor!
- Entering the water on any of the lakes is strictly forbidden unless you are wearing waders to land/photograph a fish.
- Using rowing boats is strictly forbidden in any of the lakes of Abbey Lakes except on Kingfisher Lake. This exception is only valid after having read, agreed and signed our general conditions and house rules available at the clubhouse.
- Dogs are not permitted at Abbey Lakes.
- Radios, TV's etc. are permitted as long as the sound cannot be heard outside the confines of your swim.
- Fishing is only permitted in designated areas and within the swims indicated by numbers and/or physical limitations.
- Any mis-handling or mutilation of fish will result in an immediate exclusion of the angler involved from the complex without any refund.
- Anglers must clean up their swim and the surrounding area before departure.ALL Rubbish is to be bagged and tied securely and left in the rubbish hut located between Attila and Heron lake for staff collection!
- In order to minimize the risk of weil's disease on the complex we have placed some rat traps around all our lakes. For your security, please don't touch these traps or the poison inside of them. Please respect the following advices: Always seal your bags of litter, don't walk around the lakes without shoes, don't throw away your surplus bait on the bank or in the water before your departure.
- We aim to keep our clubhouse and shower area in perfect condition for everyone, please respect this, do not enter with dirty boots.
- For security reasons Abbey Lakes is authorised to control and search vehicles on the complex as often as necessary.
- The restaurant area is open to everyone with an appropriate dress code.
- Abbey Lakes reserves the right to all images given to us by anglers, these images can be used by Abbey Lakes for promotion in Europe through magazines, internet-based social media and other means of promotion and communication.
- The usage of rowing boats on allocated lakes can only be used with an appropriate life jacket and is the unique responsibility of the angler concerned.
- Please note that there is an eco charge of 5 euros per PERSON. This is to be paid upon on arrival as you check in at reception.
The following swims can only be fished using a baitboat. Strictly no casting due to overhead power lines;
Attila: swim N°5
Heron: swim N° 7 + 8
Fox: swim N° 6 + 7 + 14
Abbey Lakes will be strict regarding the full respect of their house rules. Any person who doesn't respect the general sales conditions and house rules of Abbey Lakes will be asked to leave the complex immediately without any refund. These rules are subject to change without prior notification.